Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Mission Trip - Setapak~~

Hehe finally managed to find some time to share my experience out there in part of fulfilling the gospel's matt 28:19..going forth to preach the good news..

Ok I set first start by telling you sections by sections..(I wrote them down inside my journal there..hehe)

25 Nov 05

Ok we started the day by reaching church at 7.30am..Timothy, Luke & Russell was earlier than me..so we waited for the rest of the group which consists of Aunt Mei Yoke, Rebecca, Isaac Chong,Jonathan Ho & Gideon..There was also another group going for another mission trip in church too..yeah so we went for breakfast at short john at about 8.15am and I had Ko-pi there..the rest ate "bao" and pratas.. We then head back to church and departed for 2nd link around 9.10am..There was no much traffic at 2nd Link when we stepped into Malaysia around 10.15am..

Made our way to Yong Peng; stopped over there for lunch @ Yong Tau Fu..I believe the food there was nice..wished I could eat it..but nah!! drank only sugar cane..(suppose but i think it's artificial) after that we went to the supermarket to stock up food/sweets/biscuits/tibits and we continued our journey up towards KL..

It was around 3.35pm that we arrived at KL..seen the Twin towers there..wished I had been fast to snap a good shot on it..but our driver,uncle Chee Guan drove fast despite the jam within the city sub-urban area..roads are quite narrow and jammy..can't complaint much this is not Singapore :)

Finally we arrived at Setapak Church at 4.40pm..Met up with the people there..received their warm greetings then we head for our motel..Bunked into #02-04 with Gideon..whereas the rest of the 5 guys bunked into room #02-02 and Aunt Mei Yoke & Becky bunked into #02-01..There we bathed, showered,relaxed ourselves before we practiced for our skit presentation tomorrow.. After we dry-run a few times, know exactly what to do..then I went downstairs to stroll with Gideon..Realised that actually this place/surroundings is very nice..I kind of like it..so relaxing away from my busy life there in Singapore..All are shophouses no HDBs..haha ok ok then we left for dinner at 6.55pm to Wangsa Square (Panda)..There, we had good food..order lots of food like chee chong fun,siew mai,ha gao,rojak,chicken wings,popiah,satay & many more..but I think the most exciting part for that is we only spent about RM$80 which is about Sin$38 for 10 people!! haha then we ate so filling that we didn't realise that we're going to be late for life group which starts at 8.30pm sharp (they like to use this "word")..

So, Uncle Chee Guan again becomes a speedy gozales..and rushed us to church on time..There we spilt ourselves into 2 groups..1st group led by Aunt Mei Yoke along with Gideon, Jonathan Ho, Luke & Timonthy..whereas the other group is led by me along with Russell, Isaac chong & Becky..For our group, we went to a life group house sited not far away from church..We got a lift from Bao Zong (if I remembered correctly) and yes there we're at their house.. It looked like those HDBs in Redhill; those 3 rooms flat..where the corridor is quite narrow and a mass occupation of residents.. Ok ok back to my life group session..

We began off by opening in prayer..oh 1 thing..they're are chinese speaking christians..For me, to speak chinese is like trying to fry a chicken using match sticks.. so pai seh..But thank GOD for His grace..they understand english..which allows me to share my sharing in english..My sharing was about how GOD pulled me through one of my most difficult times in life; the army.. My sharing involves the pains, the tears, the cries to God please save me and many more.. But I think the most important emphasis in my sharing is to understand the important of prayer.. Remember what Pastor Kong Kee says about prayer!? yeah it is the one of the most important thing to do as a Christian..supported myself using Matt 17:20 & in relevant to Matt 28:19 to share His gospel..like now I am doing.. At that point of time.. I felt like a different person.. the Spirit inside me becomes more discerning, more obedient to His word.. and I was touched by some of their sharing.. Becky, Isaac & Russell too had their share of sharing.. Slowly and unknowingly time past and it was about 9.45pm when we ended our session..managed to take a few photos with them..out of which my favourite is with A-Hui..a 2 1/2 year old girl..she's so cute..and can sing a song..and speak some good english..argh~~ i even though she's like 5 years old!? will post my picture with her when I managed to find my cable to do pc-link..

So our bus then came over to pick us up at around 10.10pm..we then bidded farewell to them and head back for our motel..Had chocolate Milk Shake for supper!! Singapore don't even have it anymore..haha so nice..however, the pricing is nearly the same.. RM$2.99 + 5% GST..booo!! After supper, went into my room and spend some time with God..asking for strength and peace for tomorrow's activities and off I go to bed..

It was surely a good, enjoyable, memorable yet tiring day.. That concludes Day 1 of our mission trip.. (I took quite a long while to compile all these :p)

To be continued..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home