Saturday, December 10, 2005

Annual Children Camp '05

I think the 1st thing I want to share is that as I went through the children's camp.. I must admit that when I went through the namelist of kids that were in my group.. Oh in case you don't know; my group is "Goodness".. I loved the nametags as I requested so hard from ZhangQi to do them in my favor.. thanks ZhangQi..

Oh yeah I was saying that I wasn't really too keen to take my group because I almost know no kids in the group less my cousin Elijah and like Wai Cheng!? in my group? Concerns like will they make a nuisuance out of themselves? am I able to handle them? will I be able to rally them up so that this camp group will be a success? all these questions keep poping into my mind when I looked upon the namelist.. But somehow or other.. Thank GOD for a sweet change in the process..

First day, we started off the day by having some P&W upstairs in the Cana Hall followed by lunch..I was usually not with the group as I had my duties as the Logistic Officer.. (woah what a high name, officer!?) So Vivian & Vanessa assisted me in taking care of the class..As expected, the group was like strangers to them.. Even Alvin got himself "lost" in the group.. We then made our way to West Coast Park there.. Nothing much to comment over there but I think the COS MP teachers did have fun with the kids there over a game of soccer although the game became too rough to play..then as usual, I got to handle the logistic portion, and slowly we made our way back to church on the bus..Along the way, I think I didn't really have a good time with my group kids as they're less responsive..even the noisy wai cheng also seldom talk much..but I am surprised to see some of my kids started to click well with each other..

Ok back to church, then we settled for bath/dinner..Again I didn't manage to send much time with my group as I was busy..So got nothing to comment..So after that, it's time for service.. This time, our speakers are a team of sunday school teachers from COS BT..I find it rather interesting that they decided to start out with games first or a skip, after P&W session..That arouse the kids' attention and enthuasium level..In fact, I was also happily involved in helping them out..So when the sermon is being shared..the kids are more attentive and showed greater interest in GOD's word..I too felt that GOD was in our midst..teaching us HIS word..It led me to believe that GOD is answering my prayers..my fasting, my believe, my hope.. GOD will see me through the ages..I was motivated and renewed with HIS strength.. Isaiah 40:31..

So to keep the story short.. I think what caught me the most from this camp are..the passion of the kids..seeing them running after GOD's heart..praying together..like showing bonding in the unity of Christ..praying together for our nation..sharing fun under the hot sun; playing the games together..me putting in more than 400% of effort..putting my responsibility in ensuring the gates, doors, lifts & shutters are closed/opened..everyone asleep..

My group members eventually caught my attention..from a rowdy and quiet group to a sporting, fun and noisy group.. I think they really make it my camp.. They're all so special in many ways.. best of all.. I think they compliment each other.. that's why my group is able to achieve 2nd spot overall.. I think my group had achieved objectively team bonding and spiritly where we wanted to; to feel GOD again in our very midst..

The last nite was very touching..The Holy Spirit was in the midst of us..Everyone was praying for one another..Even the teachers are bonded together with the kids..One of my group kid, Alvin, his prayer really touched my heart.."Dear GOD, thank you for this kor kor. Thank you for him being the best teacher I have.." When I heard this.. I was like crying in my heart.. I mean I think back of the treatment I give him.. Do I deserve such prayer from him? Then I remembered what Aunt Cindy said about some of the kids lack a fatherly image in the family that's why they came to sunday school to find one; someone who can be a mentor and a role model to them.. I thank GOD for the team from Bukit Timah.. I thank GOD for aunt Gladys.. Her prayer for me was good; very encouraging and renewing..

Overall I feel this camp had achieved what we wanted.. Thank GOD for answering our prayers.. Praying without ceasing; For this is the WILL of GOD.. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home