Thursday, November 12, 2009

Subjectivity vs Objectivity~

Have you ever wonder what is the difference between the TWO words!? Well, again I experienced that today.. It was a vicious cycle where the grey thin line comes into the picture again.. And I am powerless to prevent it from happening.. And as the result of this, I believe that I lost some good friends..

Humans, by nature are self-centred and tend to look at ourselves as the focus point.. Everything we do is usually, more often contain an interest for ourselves.. That is where subjectivity comes in, we're using our emotions to influence our decisions.. We're looking at how we can benefit from it or get the best value out of the situation..

Objectivity, on the other hand is where you start to consider others more than yourself.. You look and plan 2-3 steps ahead.. You want to have the best interest of the community that you are in..and hence engaged in some tough calls decision to make.. Consider others's shoes!? Of course, I do understand why you want to tender and move on.. but a reason for tendering is becos you want to join the other related community.. This is so self-interest, if you wait for the FY to end and join them then of course, there is no issue point.. We're already small in numbers, yet we will do good with the numbers and support we can find.. but when you go over to the other side, have you consider what impact you can do to the image of the community!?

How am I to find a replacement in such a short notice!? Yes, this is my problem.. but look as a wider point of view.. when you cross over to the side.. what will they think of the community.. A picture speaks a thousand words.. And once it spreads it is hard to build it back.. just like in the case of reputation.. once tarnished, it is very difficult to establish again.. But..

This is not impossible.. somehow I know the matter has already gone out of my hands, and I am powerless to make a difference.. I fear n maybe the case that I might lose some good friends in the organisation.. But in the Lord, I trust.. All things work good for those who Love and trust Him.. So I am just going to trust in His timing.. Time heals.. Have faith and take courage..

I have already humbled myself and apologise yet what I get is a cold shoulder.. I did what I can do already, the rest is up to you to decide.. Everyone's has their strengths and flaws.. It is only whether you want to focus on their strengths rather than their weakness.. That is what Objectivity is all About.. the power to put aside emotions and look at the whole picture and understand where the management is coming from..

I feel I think a class on human relationship.. I hate this feeling.. honestly..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home