Thursday, August 17, 2006

First impression of a tax officer~~

Ok ok.. Sorry for the late reply on this topic.. haha I sure take my own sweet time.. Ok let me bring you through my first 2 weeks working at Electronic Interface Branch at IRAS..

Well, I remembered that I first went into the HR dept at 8.45am.. There, I met 3 other new staffs that joined the PTX, Enf & Compliance Division.. We had an induction conducted till 10am.. Seriously then, I was hoping that the session can be longer then I no need to work for 1/2 day.. haha..

And so my so called 'buddy', Thiam Yeong came to 'collect' me and brought me to the branch.. It was interesting becos I thot I would be at B1.. but instead I'm at level 4.. haha.. So fun.. I got my very own table.. Haha time to deco it.. Firstly I brought into some pics to display then I placed my candle which I bought from the Children's Society and lastly a candle holder I think on my CPU.. haha the rest is history but more to come.. oh I loved my strategic location becos I got the prime view of everywhere.. haha.. Cant ask for more..

Ok here's bout my colleagues.. Well thank God for them.. Very interesting group of people becos they're 1 whole clicque together so I find it hard to break into the circle of their conversation at many times.. Even now after 2 weeks, I still faced that.. Then I dunno is it just them or just me..that I find that greetings are not common at all.. I mean if you're leaving, just say a simple goodbye along the way; is it that hard to say? ohwell I leave it for the days to come.. Sure to have lots of time with them over lunch and work.. after all they're my working colleagues.. We should learn how to work together in harmony and with love.. I juz remembered about being a minister in the marketplace.. And yes I'll work towards it..

Hmm.. as for work.. I am only officially going to undergo my training this coming friday.. And I am currently on a long term assignment with the marketing team.. *if I have an option, can I ask no to it? haha.. But anyway, I am sure God will pull me through this.. People who knows me knows that despite a love to talk.. I dun like marketing.. so I didn't wanna get involved in it.. Yeah I am to give countless speech soon starting this friday, if not on the 28 Aug.. Presentations again.. reminds me of my good old days.. Ok I am ready and gear up for it..

Guess God placed me here for a reason.. And I am learning quite a lot of stuffs.. Not really into tax matters but more admin work.. I know I am going to be here for some time so I pray that I will find favor with my bosses, colleagues, friends and everyone whom I am going to work with..

Also I wanna be part of the soccer team and badminton team.. It's time to build up on my physical fitness.. I recently tried a trial run for 2.4km.. and my timing was bad.. it's like 10.22.. still another 40+sec more to gold.. Got to work hard on it..

So to end off, I say I am ready and up to the challenge for my new found job.. I know it'll be tougher especially when I have decided to further studies on part-time basis..

The Lord is my Sherpherd.. I shall not be in one.. Psa 23:1
It is becos He exists, that's why I am here.. To be a minister for Him in the marketplace.. Praise the Lord, O my soul..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home