Public Service Sports Carnival 2006~
Hey hey.. it's another event of the year.. and well it's the last event of this year though for competition.. And yes IRAS is going to compete against the Mighty Gukarks (sp).. this time on the track.. and so the competition brings us to the Bishan Stadium where we have our competition..
So started the day, waking up early.. walked to Novena MRT station to take a train up there.. There, I managed to grab a Today.. but as soon as I walked into the train, I realised something was missing.. My shoe bag was LEFT on the chair outside!! Argh~~ quickly ran out of the train and grab my bag.. Thank God no one took it.. or worse still regard it as a BOMB.. haha.. yeah so then I made my way down to the stadium..
Over there, I met up with my team and we had some preparations before we went for the 4 x 100 metres heats relay.. Nothing much to say but we came in 6th with a time of 50.24 sec.. which I thought gave us a fighting chance to claim 4th as it was 49.77 sec.. so practice and rest hard.. meanwhile my right thigh is aching.. so got to bare with the pain..
Well, what happened next is that IRAS won the Parlaf 8 x 50 metres -- Champions, Men's Senior 4 x 100 metres -- 3rd runners-up.. after which we walked over to Junction 8 to have our lunch.. it was free.. or a nicer way of saying.. it's subsidized.. haha~~
Then we made our way back to the stadium to play the telematch.. haha.. I thought we did quite fairly well.. but our standings are too low.. so there goes a prize $$.. haha..
But what is important is the next 2 final events.. the Men's & Women's final 4 x 100 metres.. Our dear ladies, did us proud by achieving 2nd runner-up.. whereas ours.. despite fielding 2 teams.. we ended as 5th & 7th with a timing of 50.1 and 50.4 secs respectively.. it was a pity.. Daniel made a slip due to the wet weather.. I not being able to do my best despite both my thighs are aching very badly after the sprint.. still be thankful to God because I thought it was a good achievement considering that we did not train much as a team..
And so after a long long hot and wety day.. we went to Junction 8's Ajisan to have dinner.. Dinner's on Jocelyn.. Thanks!! haha it was sure a good meal there, with Alan, Kong, Wai San, Wei Ling and Sing Yuan.. I tried the beef ramen.. and a good varitey of side dishes.. hehe.. It was then I realised that I am not the youngest after all!! haha.. so happy for that moment.. heh.. And thanks Alan for the ice-creams treat at Haggen Diaz (sp).. haha.. It was a day full of fun and excitement despite the tiry and weary legs of mine.. hehe..
So totally in short, Thank God for everything.. Although this time I did not win any.. But it was a moment of priceless memories that I left Bishan with in the year 2006.. I fell in love with Bishan~~ haha








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home