Sunday, September 10, 2006

Public Service Quarter Marathon 2006~

Well this week has been a long and tiring week for me.. Although I only had 2 presentations out of 4 presentations.. Still there's lot of work to do and follow up.. It does not help with one of my fellow TCO is going to resign this tuesday..Haha I don't wanna think how is life going to be like after this week.. Gee~

Few thots for ponder.. I went for the seminar briefing for RMIT's accountancy program on friday.. the question is should I do it or ACCA?? I am still thinking of it.. Got to come out with a decision by 30 Sept 06.. then I had dinner at Bukit Timah Food Centre!! Hey.. great stuffs there again.. haha~ I was so bad.. tempting Jasmine with food.. Dun worry, the next time I'll bring you there again to eat.. I didn't have all the good stuffs but sure there will be the next time there with her.. I look forward to another opportunity there again.. haha~~

On Saturday morning.. I started the day bright with a hearty breakfast with Ee Suan at Bugis.. Hehe another good meal at Waterloo Food centre.. Bee Hoons, Porridges, Chee ChongFun; all at 50cents each.. Yes yes it's only in cents.. not even a dollar!! Cheap and good food.. of course this comes in long queues.. But it's worth the while.. I am now wondering when will I have my shot at Blanco Court Fish Slice Bee Hoon.. haha~

After that, went for the sports fair for ASICS.. hehe really apprecative with Ee suan for walking with me in horlan mode.. fortunately we managed to get there easily spared from the fiery afternoon sun.. That was crazy lorz.. I didn't manage to get my Gel 2100 series.. all sold out within 30mins late.. so sad.. so no choice got to settle for Gel 1100 series.. it was good anyway.. haha.. next time then.. Singaporeans mah.. cheap = rush.. bleh =P

Now for the serious thingy.. I was representing IRAS in the Public Service Quarter Marathon held annually at Temasek Poly.. I am actually quite honored and lucky to be part of it.. why!? Becos I only started training less than 2 weeks ago.. To run 10km like that.. it was haha.. yeah we are also very fortunate not to have the Gurharks there.. as they're on IMF duties..

So I ran and ran and ran.. initially I had difficulities running.. the sand was rather slow and it caused me to lose 0.5 seconds each time I stepped into it.. As this is my 1st time running at Bedok reservoir.. I was unfamiliar with the route and running speed.. So I had to thank God for His grace and mercy.. I actually had a bit of stitches during the run.. but as I prayed.. God healed it and allowed me to run the 2nd round even faster than the 1st! So in the end, I came in with a timing of 45-46mins.. I didn't have the stop watch.. so I only can round in to the nearest minute.. haha.. it was way of my personal best.. but.. bright side is that I came in within the top 50 bah.. if I know..

With my timing plus another 4 others runners.. we managd to secure a 4th position in the men's open catergory and got ourselves a trophy each and $200 cash.. yeah was so happy as this is the hard effort I made for 2 weeks and for them.. the many months of running.. haha.. Our other counterparts; ladies also secured the 2nd and 3rd position for the Senior and Opens catergory.. So we'll be planning on our celebrations.. Yeah my shoes also cost cheaper now.. haha..

At the end of the day.. I thank God for such a wonderful day and week.. No matter how busy we are.. Never give up giving thanks to our God.. For His Mercies and Love endures forever.. Remember Him in good times and bad times.. He gave me strength to run the extra mile..

I pray that I too will run after Him just like I am running the race.. To run the extra mile after Him.. I had fun.. Thanks everyone who supported me especially U < hopefully u know who u are = ) >.. I am going to have another active week ahead in IRAS..

Next up.. Hockey competition.. I was dragged in again.. haha~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home