Thursday, April 13, 2006

A special dinner~~

Well, before I comment on this.. I must say the process in doing so really encourages me a lot.. On Monday, I went out with Boss to buy a present for someone's birthday on wed.. Along the way, I came across this Life bookshop.. Then my eyes got caught onto the book called "Dating with Pure Passion" by Rob Eagar.. I was rather eager to understand what is it mean by pure passion.. Such a simple word yet holds a strong and maybe an undefine meaning.. I was considered fortunate that my boss convince me to buy this book.. As friends of mine.. You know I had a hard time reading books.. So let alone complete it..

The book made me analyze what is it like to go on a date..how do we have complete love..what is called sacrificial love..who is the bride and the husband..what is passion..who is the real enemy..how to enjoy a date while walking with Christ daily..How is it like to pursue after your heart but yet understand the purpose of doing so..And I am still reading it..

I quote these few lines that made an impact in my thinking.. "God established dating and marriage as an earthly illustration to help you comprehend your spiritual union.. (Eph 5:32) Therefore, when you sacrificially love a person who specifically attracts your heart, you taste the passion that Christ feels about you"

Ok back to the title.. it was like any ordinary day at work.. But the difference that I meeting someone after work to have a dinner with her as well as to celebrate her birthday.. So as expected, I invited lots of gossips on that.. by waiting for her to end work and left the office together.. I didn't even realised that I was nicked PAP as I was in white that day! I think when I go back to office on saturday.. Things might be one way or the other.. Either way.. I trust God to stand in the line for me..

So let me start by introducing some wonderful features of this someone whom I am having dinner with.. She's firstly a christian who is sweet, lovely and pretty.. A rather sociable person who got the favors of her direct supervisors too.. She's also a filial piety girl who listens to her mama.. I also assume that their relationship would be close and good.. She's just another person I felt so comfortable with.. Her smile her actions and her 'harsh' words captivates my heart.. Stiring in me an interest to know her better..

Maybe I didn't do a proper planning.. but fortunately I got a plan B when it comes to dinning.. The book is so true.. about people's first impression.. when we went up The Heeren.. we couldn't find the balcony so we decided to make a de-tour to Jack's Place.. Over there, she's like wanting to have everything on the menu.. but after some persuasion, she settled for Chicken & Mushroom spagetthi while I had ribeye streak.. Had a good talk there.. And I cant believe that we actually complaint about the candle..(hey hey it's a candlelight dinner for your info) comparing it with the others beside us.. Even the roses are not spared! Haha.. what an entertaining meal.. It was really a special dinner for me.. As the situation really makes as though the book was giving me a spot test.. In the end, I dunno whether I pass the test.. But I know one thing for sure.. I enjoyed it.. She enjoyed it.. And let God do the rest..

After dinner, I went on to accompany her till Takashimaya taxi stand before I bid a farewell to her.. I hope she really like the presents I gave her.. Especially entering into the wee-wee hours to get them done before work today.. I even nearly didn't come to office becos a sudden cramp on my poor ankle.. But the thot of this dinner overcomes any pain I had earlier and I am glad that I made it through this very day..

13 April 2006.. 5.15 - 7.15pm will be a very special moment in my life.. Thank you God for making this dinner possible. It is by Your grace that I come before You Lord.. And I am grateful and thankful for knowing her.. Since You just made our paths crossed each other once.. Whatever, the outcome is.. Glory to You O Most High, worthy of my highest praise.. It is because You gave Jesus to me, that I may have His love in me which allows it to flow out of me to others.. And I pray that that someone will be you, Ros..

"With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible" --- Matt 19:26

0 Comments:

<< Home