Devotion Time #8~
And yes.. It is time when I shall continue to add on a little more of my devotion materials..
This is taken from Psalm 27.. and I want to emphaize on verses 4-6.. And here it goes:
"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.
Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord."
Prior to what these verses.. I admit I was very worried about what is going to happen at my office place this coming mon..when my supervisors actually changed most of our seats.. Again I didn't move.. But what caught me is that they actually put Ros to seat next to me.. I mean people.. This may sounds like an exciting move for you.. But people who knows me well will understand that I dont like to seat next to someone I like.. Why? simple.. I give you an illustration; like a husband and wife working in the same company or better.. same department.. Do you think their relationship can be strong and healthy.. Usually 8 out of 10, will say..they faced hard times being truthful with each other.. So just like me.. I don't feel comfortable seating next to someone whom I have taken an interest.. Poor isaac.. seated in between an angel and a "devil"..
So I was rather worried worried worried.. And was thinking whether who's idea was it to make such arrangement.. It was like a make or break situation.. where I believe the break is in an favorable position instead.. due to all the intense commotion happening around.. rumors rumors rumors..
And so in my heart.. I was like asking God.. God.. what is the next thing I should do.. which direction should I take.. Guess what happens.. God is surely 1 true amazing God.. He answers my doubts and questions with this sermon preached @ High Praise 2006..
Psalm 27.. Uncle Daw Ching was sharing about how David.. in the midst of His enemies.. still able to give thanks to God.. Wonderfully declaring his love for God, knowing that the battle belongs to His God..
Let's us look at verse 4.. "One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple." I was so touched.. when I know that David.. though he was afraid of His enemies.. yet the 1 thing he asked of God is to be in His presence.. To be in His presence is like being in His arms of love.. 1 day in the house of God is better than a 1000 days on this earth..and how wonderful to know that He will sure supply all my needs.. my provider..
Verse 5 & 6 speaks of.. when He hides you under His wings.. He will uphold you with His love.. let you understand.. that God has laid aside his most precious gift; Jesus.. to die for our redemption.. So therefore we can then claim victory in His name.. Sin has no longer have any bearing on us or are we slaves of sin.. Jesus has conquered sin at the cross!! And Jesus gives us the ability to trust in Him.. Abide in Him.. To let Him do the work.. not by our own strength.. but in our weaknesses.. His strength is made perfect.. what a relief to know that..
So back to my story.. now knowing that God is in control.. I dont have to worry about anything.. No more fears or doubts I have.. For I know that in Rom 8:28 says that ".. in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." I felt a sense of peace and comfort knowing that.. and yes I am renewed in His love..
To end off.. I would like to encourage everyone including myself to believe that in 2 Tim 1:7 "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline (sound mind)"
So when you're down or stress up.. Remember this.. God will never forsake you nor leave you.. (Deut 5:5).. He just want you to call upon His name.. And He will give you rest.. and peace.. (Isa 40:31)
Never lose the passion.. Keep running after Him.. I am very encouraged.. Love is not about possession.. Love is a giving.. A joy to share.. Jesus's love for us.. Yeah!!








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home