Friday, March 16, 2007

Nature Run 2007~

Ok just a quick update on my 1st competition of the year 2007.. hehe.. I started of as one of the favourites to win a trophy.. And in fact rank near my mentor, Alan.. haha.. but in reality.. I am quite a distance away from him.. Haha

It was a friday when I left for the run.. it was rather a rush event as 3 new temp staffs came in today and I got to give them assignments to do b4 I can go.. I was nearly scolded by Alan, Ming Siang and Pat.. Haha.. I felt like a supervisor then.. but in actual fact.. I dun have even an apparent authority (reminded of Company Law)..

So we arrived at East Coast Park ready for the run.. warm up then goes the run.. it was a 5km run.. and Alan was all the way ahead.. I was comfortably pacing him behind with bout 20-50m distance apart.. I did not really care who was beside me or behind.. my focus was to be in pace with him..

And so I was doing well until the U-turn point.. it was around 4.55pm then the sun was shone directly on my face.. instantly my hamstring for some reason(s) or so started to give way.. I was unable to maintain my pace with Alan.. then into my mind was 2 things.. to 'retire' or just walk it through (meaning to give up a trophy).. But somehow or other, I knew that it was just another less than 9mins more to go.. and I cant give up.. I was 2nd then.. I knew that if I can maintain.. I can at least achieve a top 6 category in the men's open.. and so I continued to push on despite the pain.. (Guess the pain started becos I played soccer the whole entire day on 12 Mar at NTU)

As expected, along the way.. Vincent managed to overtake me.. and I was down to 3rd.. I know that I can maintain and finish becos I am less than 1 odd km away from finish pt.. when I went past the 'finish line', I thot I ended as 3rd.. but to my horror, that was not the finish pt and the pt was about another 200m away.. I was devastated as I watched Anthony ran past me.. still I told myself not to give up.. Keep pushing on, God is with me..

And finally with much pain, I ran past the finish line as 4th.. With a timing of 23.48.. Anthony was 3rd with just 12 sec earlier (and there goes $20 dollars as well... >.<) Alan came in 1st in bout 22.19 sec.. so it does not matter..

At the end of the day, I thank God for completing the race.. This run reminded me of my walk with Him.. there will be times where the going gets tough.. But just as in James, such problems bring out perservence.. I began to rely on His strength and not mine.. and was rewarded with trophy which I can proudly tell my branch that the time-off given to run was not in vain..

Loving God and thanking Him for each moment of His Grace and Perfection shown in my life.. When we come out of the ordinary.. God goes in with the extraordinary..

Touching Bases, Changing Lives.. that has been my motivation and my desire to see =)
Praise the name of Jesus..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home